If your modem is a winmodem it won't work.  Is your modem on COM1, 2 or 3
or 4?  Find out the comport and link it to /dev/modem by typing
'ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/modem.  ttyS0=COM1, ttyS1=COM2 etc.  the best way of
testing is use kppp and select the proper comport (ttyS0 etc.) and trying
to dial, if it dials it works.

As fo the sound card.  I had to compile support for my SB16 in the kernel
with 'make xconfig' in /usr/src/linux.

--
Ken
[EMAIL PROTECTED]