Steve Philp wrote:

> Well, there are a couple problems here.  First, I don't know if you
> hand-typed the /etc/fstab info into this message, but you really don't
> want the whole drive listed as the partition.  You'll probably need a
> number after that hda (something like /dev/hda1, /dev/hda2, etc).
>
> Second, you don't want to mount your windows drive as the root (/).  You
> need to create a mountpoint for it (I use /mnt/windows) and change the
> "/" to "/mnt/windows".
>
> The incorrect mountpoint is causing the second mount error.
>
> So, edit /etc/fstab and clean up the definitions and all should be fine.
>
> --
> Steve Philp
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shouldn't you be able to use linuxconf to setup mounts/users etc. in Mandrake
5.3 since it is 100% compatible with RH 5.2?

Mandrake is supposed to be all of RH 5.2 plus add-ons done by MandrakeSoft,
correct?

I currently have RH 5.2 (and I've just ordered Mandrake PowerPack) and find
linuxconf very straight forward to do what you're trying to do.