At 02:49 16/03/99 -0800, you wrote:

Hi,
        I'm not sure if putting your sound card on int8 is a good idea
as that is reserved for the real time clock. (Which might explain why
the sound is choppy with .1 sec frequency). By default an sb16 will
be on int5 (second lp port) and that has always worked fine for me.

Is the sb16 a pnp version?

just my 2d worth.....

>> > OK, I ran sndconfig and it didn't recognize my ISA SB16 card.  I
>manually
>> > set it up (to the best of my degree) on IRQ 8.  Ok, I know that has to
>be
>> > the right IRQ because when I try to test a sound in KDE, it plays it,
>but
>> > it plays it in bursts.  It is kind of hard to explain.  It will play for
>> > like .1 second, .1 second, .1 second until the whole wav is finished.  I
>am
>
>That's interesting.  What motherboard & CPU do you have in the machine?  I
>ask because
>I've had this long term problem with a friend's machine where I get the
>exact same
>behavior with sound under Linux.  His motherboard is some 486 clone with a
>Cyrix (AMD?) 133
>"Pentium" upgrade chip.
>
>Matthew Valenta
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Phone: 206-524-6444
>Fax:   847-589-0685
>

>Attachment Converted: "D:\download\Matthew Joseph Valenta.vcf"

Less of the attachments please, Mathew.... I really don't need your home
address, I'm
not that way inclined.  ;>