Pankil Richards wrote:

> Don Bonomini wrote:
>
> > ...Is there like a print manager that i can cancell old
> > print jobs?
>
> The easiest way (for me) is to unplug (and re-plug) the printer from the
> electrical outlet completely.  This will ensure any and all "garbage" in
> it's memory to be erased.

Unfortunately, those documents are probably still in Linux's print
queue.  That's why when he turns the computer back on later and the
printer is available again, it continues printing all of mom's failed
documents.

Here's what you do to fix it:

1) Login as root.
2) Type 'lpq'.  This will show all of the jobs spooled in the print
queue.  It'll look something like this:

        lp is ready and printing
        Rank   Owner      Job  Files                     Total Size
        active sphilp     2    escher.ps                 10520 bytes

3) Type the command 'lprm <X>', where <X> is the number in the Job
column, to remove a job from the print queue.  You'll have to do this
for every job that you want to get rid of.

Hope we got the help to you in time!

--
Steve Philp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]