"James J. Capone" wrote:

> I am trying to get Pine to Work. Everytime I try to run it and Send a
> Email, I get the following Error "xxxxx.gte.net" Unable to locate server
> via DNS. And then I  try it again and it says something different.. I there
> a place I need to set the DNS for my Email server???? I have all the info
> for it, Heck I can't even get Sendmail to work, I am just falling apart at
> all ends. Thanks for help

Does browsing the web work correctly as that user?

Does telnet work with both hostnames and IP numbers?

Is the "xxxxx" part of the message your side of your dialup connection
or the remote end?

You shouldn't need to have anything more than /etc/resolv.conf setup in
order to resolve hostnames to IP numbers.  Check the permissions on
/etc/resolv.conf if you're able to resolve as root, but not as a normal
user.

I'd imagine that the error is probably caused by sendmail not working
correctly.  What problems are you having there?

--
Steve Philp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]