Bruce Endries wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> I have been playing with Mandrake at home for a while now, and
> am considering introducing it at work for use as a fileserver platform
> for a small (30 or so machines) fileserver using Samba.
>
> The one thing that I am concerned about is doing backups. I
> currently back up about 4GB of data to tape every night, and I'd like
> to know if anyone out there has a suggestion as to what kind of
> program to use to do this task. I occasionally need to restore a file
> or group of files. Is TAR up to a task like this? Is there another
> program I should be looking at?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bruce Endries
>
> Bruce Endries
> Bruce Endries Consulting
> (607) 433-2677

there's a program called "taper" that comes with Mandrake
(at least I think it does;it's definitely on the RH5.2 CD).
As you might guess, it's a tape backup program. I think
there's aother program called BRU2000. but I think it's a
commercial program. It does come in some Liux distributions,
though.
--
Lloyd Osten
[EMAIL PROTECTED]