me wrote:

> Just installed a Creative SB16 PnP Soundcard into one of
> our test machines. Anyone have experience with this card?
> Linux fails to set it up correctly.
>
> PnP is turned off btw.

Hi,

I've used SB 16 and SB AWE 64 sound cards in my Linux machines.  Are you
trying to install the 16 after a fresh install of Mandrake?  If so,
'sndconfig' should work.  Make sure you have the correct i/o port, irq,
dma, and 16-bit dma values.  They're usually 220, 5, 1, 5.  But you
should make sure, either from the sound card manual, or if this is a
Windows dual booter and the 16 is working in Windows, check Windows'
Device Manager for these values.  You can always recompile the latest
kernel with sound support to get sound.  OK, hope that helps.  Good
luck,

Hidong