Dear all,

As much as I hate to admit this: it seems to me the connection to my ISP on
Linux is significantly slower than using that Other Operating System (the 98
one).

Especially dowloading pages with large objects (like pictures) I get a lot
of "Stalled" warnings in the status-bar of Netscape.
Checking the KPPP detail-window I see a lot of large *gaps* between peeks
and most of the time the peaks are not *fully streched*.

I'm using a Xircom CEM-56 LAN/MODEM-card (V.90/K56flex up to 56000 bps) on a
IBM Thinkpad 380Z.
The modem reports a connection speed of 115K in the terminal window.

Should I think about optimizing modem settings (if so: how and what) or is
the problem cache-related. Or (and why not) is there something else wrong?

Thanx,

Daan (yes, that is with double -a-)