"M & C Z." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have an S3 Trio3D (86C365 chipset) video card (seems like the only S3 card
that isn't supported by X, just my luck). I have tried different drivers for
it and can't get it to work. I am wondering if anyone out there has the same
card and/or knows of any way to make it work with X. I know that there are
commercial Xservers that support it but I can't really afford to buy one
right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have some good news and some bad.  I am using the same card, and NO it's not
supported.  However, it will work with a default VGA-16 setting.  Yeah, that's
16 colors, not 16 million.  Netscape, in particular is real ugly as it only
runs in grayscale.  At times, you have to "feel around" for page buttons you
can not see.  The rest seems to work OK.  I'm just waiting for an update for
XF86 3.3.3.1.  I'm sure the card will be supported soon.  In the meantime
Linux is still a blast, despite this problem.

Mike (yeah, I'm a Mike also)

http://webmail.netscape.com.