On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 12:29:02PM -0700, Thomas Franks wrote:
> I'm not actually using the Mandrake distribution, but I had
> Redhat 5.2 installed and then downloaded and setup KDE.
> It worked fine at first, but I ran xconfigurator to reset my
> video profile, and now every time I try to start X-Windows
> I get an error message:
>               execve failed for /etc/x11/x (errno 2)
>
> I have no idea what the error code means, and haven't found
> a list of error codes on the net yet.  I've tried running
> xconfigurator again but to no avail.  Can anyone clue me
> in here, I don't want to have to reinstall everything just
> to try and fix this!

Do an:

        ls /usr/X11R6/bin/XF*

and find the server that you're using, it'll be something like XF86_SVGA or
XF86_Mach64.  Then do this:

        cd /etc/X11
        ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/<BLAH> X

Replace <BLAH> by the file name that the 'ls' command above gave you.

Try your startx again and all should be fine.

Good luck!

--
Steve Philp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]