I just tried installing the SBLive drivers for Linux, but I keep getting
undefined symbol errors and my sound is still not working. I've tried the
automatic install and the manual install...although I'm not sure I did the
manual install correctly. Anyway ANY help on this matter would certainly be
greatly appreciated!! Here is the readme file:

Installation Instructions for Soundblaster Live! Linux drivers (v0.1 beta)

Where to Download
----------------
ftp://ftp.soundblaster.com/pub/creative/beta/sblive-0.1b.tar.gz

Kernel Versions
---------------
Modularized drivers are available for:
- Kernel 2.0.36-0.7 (non-SMP) (Redhat 5.2)
- Kernel 2.2.5 (non-SMP)

The drivers have been tested on these versions of the Linux kernel and will
not work with other kernel versions.

Requirements
------------
- The kernel must be compiled with soundcard support as a module
  (CONFIG_SOUND_MODULE = 1)
- There must be no soundcard drivers compiled into the kernel

Automated Installation
----------------------
1. If you are using a non-Redhat distribution, proceed to Manual
Installation
2. Run ./install_sblive
3. If the program reports that the driver is installed, you are done.
4. If there are any error messages, proceed to Manual Installation.

Manual Installation
-------------------
1. Determine your kernel sound modules installation location
     (usually /lib/modules/2.x.y/misc)
2. Copy the appropriate driver to that location as sblive.o
     (eg. /lib/modules/2.x.y/misc/sblive.o)
3. Unload all existing soundcard drivers, including soundcore
4. Remove all old soundcard references from /etc/conf.modules
5. Add a new reference to the SBLive driver in /etc/conf.modules:
     (eg. "alias sound sblive" or "alias char-major-14 sblive")
6. If your kernel is compiled with version information, add the following
   lines to /etc/conf.modules after the previous statement:
     pre-install sblive insmod soundcore
     post-remove sblive rmmod soundcore
7. Load the SBLive driver: "modprobe sblive"

Thanks!
The webmonkey