I have installed a mandrake 5.3, updated with kernel 2.2.5 and
recompiled succesfully. As I am a linux newbie, I installed on a 1.6Gb
WD Caviar hd mounted on a removable frame. I have a identical hd mounted
on a second frame. My goal is to copy the installation as is on the
second hd, just to carry out software changes safely. Only when the
changes will prove to be correct, I transfer these changes on the first
hd.
Obvioulsy, I cant use linux bachup procedure to carry out the whole
operation.
I booted in msdos 6.2 via floppy, and I tryed several times whith Ghost
5.1c using or a Syquest Sparq, or a dos hd.
But the thing, does'nt came: the copy on the second hard disk seems good
only for the first boot. All works good. But, on the subsequent boot,
during the boot, fsck see several hd failure and can't recover.
I can't figure what happens. Suggestions ?