----- Original Message -----
From: Roberto Angelo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 1999 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Guide to configuring ATAPI CD-R for Mandrake

> I would burn my CDs on Linux but with a IDE-CDRW as Yahama 4416 the
> common progs as cdwrite, cdrecord and Gcombust seem not works (and
> explain that I have to activate the IDE-SCSI emulation).

After doing some thinking on this one it looks like even with the newer
kernels, a recompile will be required enabling the scsi emulation to get
stuff like CDRoast working with IDE drives (shame really).

Does anyone know if there is a linux CDR program around that will support
ide drives ??

If not, is there anyone out there who fancies doing a recompile of the
kernel from a standard mandrake install (might as well wait until version
6), leaving all options as standard, but enable the scsi emulation with a
view to producing an RPM for all the people who want scsi emulation but are
afraid to do the recompile.

I don't mind giving it a go myself as i'm really not shy of these things,
but whenever i've done a kernel recompile in the past, lots of other things
(mainly networking) have not come back up fully operational ;-(.

Martin.

> Martin White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scritto:

[SNIP]