Yes !!!!!! thats what I ment too......I'm using the 550 drivers....with HP890cxi and so far it's working.....

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

On Sat, 29 May 1999, Hidong Kim wrote:

> Upon booting into 2.2.9 with the boot option
> 'append = "parport=0x378,5"' in lilo.conf, no printer is detected by
> printtool.  These i/o and irq values were the ones I was using under
> 2.2.6.  I also see this message during boot: "lp: driver loaded but no
> devices found".

My guess is your parallel port is set to unidirectional in BIOS. This does
not allow printer detection.
You can either enable EPP or bidirectional parallel port in your BIOS, or
configure the printer manually. The driver you'll want is HP 550C.

LLaP
bero