You might try running XF86Config from the command prompt.  Just make sure you have
root permissions when you do it.

MIME:[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 06/07/99 10:20:07 PM
To:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] @ INTERNET cc:  (bcc: Michael Thorp/NOTES)

Subject: [newbie] 1600 x 1200 res

>From a console window I typed setup, which brings up the RH setup
program and part of it is xconfigurator.

It detects my video card and all just fine, but the highest resolution I
can choose is 1280x1024. I run NT at 1600 x 1200.

I am suspecting that it is because my monitor isn't listed and I chose
custom, and had to choose the settings from there.

I couldn't specify them, so I think I ended up limiting myself.

How can I specify the monitors settins ( the manual has the numbers I
need, just need to know where to enter them )....or can I force the
video card setup to use a higher resolution?
--
Dominique Cormann   AKA BuNNY[KoZ]         Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]