Hi,

We have two machines running Mandrake 5.3 kernel 2.2.9 with asus p2b-ds
(dual PII) motherboards.  The machines work great.  However, there is a
problem with modems on this motherboard and smp kernels.  After
upgrading to 2.2.x kernels, the modem, usr #5687 isa, is not accessible
using any of the dial up programs like usernet, ezppp, or kppp.  It is
accessible by minicom.  The modem is accessible by these dial up
programs when running a up 2.2.x kernel.  Also, the modems were working
fine under smp and up 2.0.x kernels.  I've posted this problem on other
lists, and people say that there's probably an irq conflict under 2.2.x
kernels, but I haven't solved the problem.  Fortunately, we're using
another machine as a gateway, so we don't need modems on our smp
machines.  Has anyone else had problems using modems with this
motherboard and smp 2.2.x kernels?  Thanks,

Hidong