Hi,

I think the config file is /usr/share/config/kdmrc. You might edit by hand
the appropriate fields and spare yourself a full package reinstall.

If you get it going, make an oddly named (so it doesn't get easily
overwritten)  backup copy for future cases. Don't use kdmrc.bak or kdmrc~,
those are commonly used by many editors.

Hope this helps,

Fernando.