Bob Springett wrote:

> I hope Mandrake home in on this one and do something about it. I was quite
> dissapointed with the result after Festen. I'm going to try it on another
> machine and will let you know. I don't know what Mandrake are up to. They
> announce Mariner is up for beta testing and then out of the blue announce
> Venus without asking for beta testers.

Mariner had 100x times more bugs than Venus which was the result from
Mariner debuging!

We effectively had more bugs than expected in Venus. I'd just like to
say that:

 1/ migration to Kernel 2.2.x is really a difficult task
 2/ 2.2.x Linux kernels have some bugs (2.2.x is normally a stable
serie)
 3/ nearly all bugs have been fixed now. The new (and I hope last!)
2.2.9 kernel is being uploaded right now. It should definitela fix the /
umount problem.
 4/ Mandrake 5.3->6.0 upgrade is difficult especially because KDE
packages moved from /opt/kde to /usr (Red Hat has decided to do so, and
we can't do anything else following them for well-known compatibility
reasons)

Greets,

        Gaël.

--