I think I've missed a very important point about Mandrake...
am I right, that you cant build your own modular kernels uning the
mandrake kernel source?????

there don't seem to be a /usr/src/linux/include there.

I need to add some modules for my TV card to work, which I can do with
insmod ok, but how can I get them to load automaticaly?

I also built TV modules under 2.2.10,
using the BTTV-0.6.4 from
http://www.thp.uni-koeln.de/~rjkm/linux/bttv.html
(they don't build under makdrake kernels...gives error that it's not
modular, but then the modules dir in /usr/src/linux is empty.)
and these get the videotext to work...

Question is can I insert _these_ modules into the mandrake 2.2.9-27
kernel??

Al.