--- John Knopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That scares me...  can you configure LILO so that it
> will only boot Linux?
> I have System Commander installed and it doesn't
> want LILO to boot any
> other O/S.
Ahem, ..I'm an English teacher, not a computer person,
so I probably blunder about more than you would. This is straight lilo.
But, I check /etc/lilo.conf, and it looked as it always did back when I
wrote myself save for a few lines. Here is what happened:
My computer has two hard drives, win95 on one; linux on the other. When
I was setting up partitions during installation of 6.0, disk druid
recognized my win95 drive as two dos partitions. I left them alone and
proceeded. When the set-up program configured lilo for me, it added dos
with directions on how to get to the dos partitions. In addition to the
information you would expect from lilo, it adds these 4 lines:
map-drive=0x80
to = 0x81
map-drive=0x81
to = 0x80

I don't know what the numbers are. Do they refer to some kind of
address? Or sectors?
Anyway, it works great!!
steve winston