While copying a file from my dos partition KDE locked up so tightly that I
had to do a hard reset to regain control.  Many many fixes were applied to
my file system  during the reboot.  When X started it brought me up to a KDE
sign-on applet instead of the normal Mandrake one.  There were no options
and no way to shutdown.  I enter KDE just fine but when I click on X to
shutdown I end up back at the KDE sign-on applet and the only thing I can do
is sign back on.  To shutdown I do a ctl-alt-f1 and shutdown from there.
Can anyone help me fix whatever got destroyed?

Alan