On Sun, 20 Jun 1999, Steve translated thoughts to electrons:
> Hola Jose,
> le agradezco mucho por su respuesta. Cambie el "setting" (how do you
> say setting in Spanish?) al 1024, etc., y asi corregi el problema.
> By the way, I sometimes get that affect very mildly when my
> refrigerator is powered up. It is about 20 feet from my computer.

Q'onda Compadre...
The Fridge and the monitor both generate static electricity... if you dont like
this side effect (usually only happens when the Fridge starts, and then it
slowly fades), get one of those monitor screens (designed to protect you eyes)
that also have like a small cable with a pin.
Attach this pin to something fairly large and metal (like your computers outer
casing) and the static electricity will dissipate safely and easily.

>       I have one more question: I was messing around with the desktop and I
> pushed some icon and GNOME icons overlaid the KDE icons on my desktop.
> GNOME did not replace KDE but rather is sitting there with KDE. Along
> the top task bar are buttons labled "gnc", "gnc<2>" hasta "gnc<8>"
>       Any suggestions how I can remedy this?

????

Sorry... cant help you here.  :  (

--
  Jose Alberto Abreu

Get Your Own Free Pop or Web Based Email and a
10MB Web Site for FREE at: http://www.nettaxi.com!