----- Original Message -----
From: Lorenzo Jimenez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 1999 6:25 PM
Subject: [newbie] More Installing Problems in Mandrake for Windows

> Hi,
>
> Recently I downloaded Mandrake and began installing Linux using Mandrake
for
> Windows. I have passed
> my first problem when the system cannot find the install files. I solved
the
> problem copying the files to another
> hard disk (d).
>
> Now I have this error just after the system states "Scanning available
> packages..":
>
>     install exited abnormally
>     -- recieved termination signals...done
>     sending kill signals...done
>     unmounting filesystems...
>     /sbin/losetup -d /dev/loop7 /tmp/hdimage
>         /tmp/image
>         /proc
>         dos/dev/loop7: No such file or directory
>     umount failed
>     you may safely reboot your system
>

> Can anyone help me. If this is it a dead end, how can I install Linux?
>

> Lorenzo Jimenez
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Have you tried an actual install (as in using a bootdisk, and not Mandrake
for Windows).  It would be an easier solution if you have the space to
create a partition (and you should if you can install Lnx4Win).  There
should be no problem installing the system even though you have the files on
your harddrive.  I have done it a few times.  You will need to download the
boot.img file and rawrite from and ftp mirror to make the bootdisk.  Any
mirror should have info on exactly what you need to do.  Before all of that,
make sure you run the uninstall batch file in Lnx4Win to free that space you
used.

Manny Styles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
Brutes find out where their talents lie; a bear will not attempt to
ly.  -Jonathan Swift