ok I downgraded to 2.2.9-19 and vmware installs fine and works fine and then
upgraded back to 2.2.9-27 and it still works which makes me think that the
problem lies in the 2.2.9-27 kernel headers which vmware uses to compile drivers
while it is installing...might just wait for the next kernel update and see what
happens