I've run into a glitch on my Mandrake Linux system, and I'm wondering if it's a
DNS problem or just Netscape wierdness.

I've got a standard dialup server using diald to trigger the modem.  When I
search for an outside URL using Netscape on RH52, the modem will dial, the
internet connection will come up, the address will resolve, and the page loads.

I have one computer with Mandrake 6 installed.  Typing in an outside URL will
trigger the modem and cause the internet connection to come up, Netscape will
list connect on the info line, but the page won't load.  Other machines on
the network can load pages at this point, but Netscape will have to time out (3
to 10 minutes), then entering a URL will work, and everything will be fine
after that.  The initial connection doesn't seem to work.

If I fire up this machine with the dialup already functional, NS will work as
expected.  It's just that initial connection seems to get lost.  I can short
circuit this by firing up a second copy of NS, click OK on the box that warns
"duplicate copy, no cache", and I can browse as expected.

Is this a DNS prob?  I turned off DNS (I think) and am using the hosts file.   I
set everything up as I would in RH52.  Is this just an NS problem?  Should I go
to the libc5 version of NS?