hi

I have installed mandrake 6.0 in my AMD6-2 300 PC with 64MB RAM and 4.3G
hard drive. I have tried making 1004MB linux ext2 partition (for path /
) and 70MB swap: 1) by partition magic under win 98; and 2) by disk
druid from empty space during installation. however, in either case, I
got the following error msgs:

(after choosing packages)

error msg: You don't appear to have enough disk space to install the
packages you've selected. you need more space on the following
filesystems:
  Mount point     space needed
             /                 290M

I choose "Install anyway". then all packages are installed.

(configuration starts)

error msg: An error occured during step "configure mouse" of the
installlation.

then I cannot go further. if I jump to the end by clicking "menu", then
I obtain:

error msg: I cannnot run /mnt//sbin/mkinitrd:
No such file or directory.

----

I have looked for the cdrom, FAQs, manuals, updates and even the redhat
6.0 updates sites and installed the new boot diskette (from mandrake
site). but all efforts fail. if you have any idea, pls let me know.

thank you in advance.

--
chun wah