This probably isn't really a Mandrake-specific problem, but here goes....

I'm having a terrible time using Kmail.It works fine as long as I am logged in as
"root".
If I'mlogged in as any other (unprivileged) user, I can't send mail (although I can
still receive it)
I've tried every setting I can think of (even to the point of deleting the kmailrc
file and starting over)

I always get the exact same error message:

SMTP failed-user unknown
Command:RCPT
Return code 550

My settings should be ok; they work fine with Netscape but it is INCREDIBLY slow on
this machine.

Thanks in advance!

Lloyd Osten
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(this message (unfortunately) sent as root....[ :-( ]