I just did this. I'm assmuming you're using mdk6 from a cheapbytes.com CD.

First, back up the configuration file /etc/X11/XF86Config. Something like this:

cp /etc/X11/XF86Config /etc/X11/XF86Config.original

My install left me hanging with only the 75dpi fonts, install the 100dpi fonts.
 Make sure your mdk distro is in the CD drive, mount it, then change to

cd <mountpoint>/Mandrake/RPMS

List the font files like Wa-La:

ls *font*

You'll get all the font files.  The first one for me happens to be one I want:

rpm -Uvh XFree86-100dpi-fonts-3.3.3.1-58mdk-i586.rpm

Do the same for all the others that have 100 in them.

Now, you did back up that file, didn't you?

vi /etc/X11/XF86Config

You're in the editor.  Press the Insert key.  Scroll down two PageDowns, you'll
see some FontPath entries.  Mine had anything containing 100 commented out with
a leading # on the line.  Remove those.  Place a leading # on any line with a
75.  Save the file by pressing Esc:wq    .  Remember, the colon is the shifted
semicolon.

Back up your work:

cp /etc/X11/XF86Config  /etc/X11/XF86Config.mod1

Now, the crafty will change the order of those FontPath lines.  Get the ssc
cheatsheet that shows you how to cut and paste in vi.

I hope I don't have any typos.

Mark