Don Whitman wrote:

> I have some floppy questions. I am able to mount a floppy disk if it is a DOS
> disk. I even was able to pull up some JPG images off a DOS disk. I reformated
> a 1.44 disk using Kfloppy to the ext2 file system. When I try to mount this
> floppy I get an error messages stating; could not mount floppy, file system
> unknown, to many mounted devices etc. What exactly am I doing wrong? ALso how
> would I save stuff to the floppy from the web or other applications. I have
> looked for documentation but have not found anything useful.
>
> Thanks
> Don

>http://webmail.netscape.com.

Hi, Don,

Put this line in your /etc/fstab (assuming that your floppy drive is
/dev/fd0):

/dev/fd0        /mnt/floppy     auto
sync,user,noauto,nosuid,nodev,unhide    0       0

Then, as root user, do 'mount -a' (or reboot).  Put a formatted floppy
disk into the floppy drive.  Then as any user, issue the command:

mount /dev/fd0

This should mount your floppy drive /dev/fd0 to the directory
/mnt/floppy.  The filesystem of the floppy disk will be auto detected.
Good luck,

Hidong