I have a problem and hope someone can help me.. Running Mandrake 6.0 w/ a SB
PCI 128.

The problem is I cannot get CD sound thru the sound card.
I have run sndconfig and it detects the card as a ES1371, then goes on to
test the card.
This fails. I get a message, something like audio. chourus,flange, echo,
etc, all sorts of terms relating to the audio processing.
Then if I try to do a manual config, I get /dev/dsp is not known.

I have tried sndconfig --noautoconfig  ( same results )
                    sndconfig --noprobe

This card DID work fine with Mandrake 5.3.   I am NOT certain, but I *THINK*
it worked upon Mandrake 6.0 install and "broke" the first time I ran Gnome.

I have dloaded the various esound upgrades and any related Mandrake sound
files.

Thanks
Alan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]