The Diamond modem is a software modem, also known as a winmodem.  It will
only work in Windows.  There is no way to make it work in Linux.  The reason
I know this is that I made the mistake of buying one for me and one for my
wife's system a little over a year ago.  Since then I have found out that
virtually every internal PCI modem is a winmodem.
Also, there is a website out there dedicated to letting people know which
modems are real modems and which ones arent.  The url is
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

Darin -