----- Original Message -----
From: James Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 1999 8:03 PM
Subject: [newbie] Laptop&Docking Station Install Problems

<snip>

> Also what do you do with Linux when you have an older bios that needs a
> Diskwizard or simular to recognize the full drive??
>
> Mine detects my first 540 drive no problem  as hda
>
> Dectects my second 1 gig as 535 63 63 and says.. Invalid geometry 63
> heads??? and then states hdb invalid
>
> It then goes to hdc and logs in a VALID configuration for the hdb 1gig
drive.

> THis gets me threw the install no problem.. but the system will not run on
it.

> I get it crapping out every time I get to Optimizing Drives hdb [Failed]
>
> Then hdc - it locks up!!! EVERY TIME.
>
> James

Does your DiskWizard show some text on the screen when your pc starts up?  I
use EZ-Drive, which loads and then gives me the opportunity to press CTRL
key before Windows loads so that I can boot from a floppy and still have
access to all of my partitions.  That would be your best bet to be able to
use your whole harddrive, if you can do it.

Manny Styles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---