Hi folks;

At 08:45 AM 8/9/99 -0600, you wrote:

>type
>mount /mnt/cdrom
>or
>mount /mnt/floppy

I did this last night and it seemed to work fine for me...

>you will need to unmount them before you can eject them,
>type
>umount /mnt/whatever

...but then I could not get the CD out of the drive no how...

When I tried to use..

unmount  /mnt/cdrom

I would get a message back from BASH saying something like..

"unknown command - unmount"

I tried as both user and SU, and could not get the CD to open... :-/

If I tried to click on the desktop icon, and right click to unmount..
it said "device is busy" or some such error.

What am I doing wrong....as I eventually wound up rebooting and then
pulling the CD out when it started...not good for the penguin..I'm sure.

- thanks for your time -

--
        best regards
                             -michael