Neilesh Patel wrote:

> I'm trying to use Linux to develop some perl scripts. I have perl installed,
> I found out after looking in the installed RPM's list. However, I don't know
> the directory to perl and don't know how to find out where it would be.
> please advice.

Try out a cool command that really comes in handy sometimes:

        which <command_name>

so, for perl, do:

        which perl

It'll show you all the perls in your path...

The handy part comes when you combine it with other commands, like:

        file `which <command>`

which will tell you what kind of file <command> is.  Handy when you're
not sure whether it's a shell script or an binary.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator