I've been having the same problem, i had a zoltrix modem at first then i
switched to a usr 56k int pnp... the usr worked fine for about a week and
then the same thing started happening... i reinstalled mandrake and the modem
worked fine up until a couple of days ago... i guess i'll try reinstalling
again.