From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 1999 12:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] LILO is destroying my computer!

I have been getting errors galore ever since I tried to install LILO.  The
first
time I attempted to install it,  I got "an error has occured" message and
skipped over it.  The 2nd time I tried to isntall it I got the same. So I
checked off the linear option in the install and LILO installed without
giving
me any error messages.  Now my computer locks up every time it boots from
the
main drive.  LILO begins to execute and displays the "LI" in LILO but then
just
freezes. So now I am stuck with a Linux boot disk, a Linux partition and a
swop
partition.  I used the boot disk to boot into linux and configured my
Windows 98
drive as hda and my Linux drive as hda5  and tried various other LILO
configurations,  all that froze in the same manner as before. I also got
error
logs in the  LINUXCONS that said something about a 1024 limit.  I want my
computer to just boot into windows now and totally remove the cursed LILO
program from my master boot. I tried to remove LILO from my master boot so I
went into the RPM icon in KDE and found LILO and clicked on uninstall. Now
when
I tried to boot from my hard drive again I still got the frozen LILO screen
after I uninstaled it !   So now what should I do ???  I want to go back to
my
old confirgureation witrhout LILO and just use the boot disk to boot into
Linux
otherwise just have it go straight to Win98.  How do I remove LILO from the
master boot from Linux without the LILO RPM package. Any help is much
appreciated.   William