I had this problem a while back, RH 5.2 or something.
I have a Canon 4200.

Here's what fixed mine.
In KDE ( I'm assuming your running this) open a terminal and
login as su ( root ).
Run printtool

Configure.
Close.
Reboot.

Your symptoms are exactly like mine were, and running printtool under a
level 3 loging ( command prompt )
never fixed it.  Only running KDE and THEN running printtool fixed it.

Alan
GL.

>I just wanted to let everyone know that I still cannot print with
>Netscape--or anything else for that matter. I was able to print a test
page
>with print tool before, but not any longer. Queque says lp0 is
printing,
>Netscape says lp0 no such device and when shutting down lpd fails to
shut
>down all I can catch is something about lpd on parport 0. I
uninstalled and
>reinstalled lpd no luck. My printer is lp0, CanonBJ4000.  Resetting
lpd is
>no help either. When trying to start/restart from the terminal I get a
>"Segmentation fault" message--any further insights on this frustrating
>problem? Thanks in advance.
>(By the way Toby, I sent that modem out on Saturday)
>
>God Bless'
>John Connell

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Being sent with either Linux or BeOS.