I just set my partitions up witht he swap and the / linux native and
Mandrake did the rest. Get it installed first and then decide what other
goodies you want to add. That's one of the many bugs in RedHat's install
program. Mine kept wanting to toss a double slash in the path to one of the
segments it was installing. When I went for the / native and the swap, all
installed just fine.

----Original Message Follows----
I have a P100, 48 megs, 6.4 gig system that I did the standard server
install from Mandrake 6.0 after partitioning the drive using fdisk.
After getting an initial disk error "1790", it recognized my disk
properly as a Maxtor 90648D3 6.4 gig and I was allowed to create "hda1"
of 128 megs for SWAP, "hda2"  4 gigs for "/" linux native and activated,
and "hda3" for "/home". I then was sent into Disk Druid and renamed hda2
as "/" and saved.  The installation went perfect(supposedly) but when I
reboot I still get the the 1790 Disk Error and the the system hangs
after printing "LI_". I tried to use the emergency disk created during
the install and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions?

Victor