Did you make a custom boot disk during the installation?  If so, boot
from it, and once you're logged in as 'root', type 'lilo' at the
prompt.  That should get lilo back into the mbr.  If not, try using
rawwrite (it's on the install CD) to make a rescue disk with rescue.img
(in the images directory), and you should be able to do the same thing.
I've never used the rescue disk, so there may be additional steps that I
dont' know about.

        - Theo