Civileme wrote:

> http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/IPCHAINS-HOWTO-3.html
>
> If you want to be REALLY fancy, try this....  But first try the above to test
> whether you are connected properly.
>
> http://www.vu.union.edu/~pants/
>
> Now proxy server is a nice buzzword, but most people don't realize there are
> alternatives to SQUID.  One is the ancient IP masquerade, which allows better
> connectivity in some cases.  That is what IPCHAINS is about.

The advantage to Squid is that a relatively small Internet connection
looks much bigger to the clients.  Caching of incoming content, Squid's
main purpose, allows me to easily server around 30 machines over an 128k
ISDN connection to the 'net.

Put Junkbuster in front of it to block inappropriate sites and you've
got yourself a nice easy corporate solution for controlled web browsing.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator