If you are basing it on throughput, then multiply throughput by 40% of your
apparent speed.  TCP/IP on Ethernet has about 40% efficiency.  IBM reps at a
meeting on connectivity not long ago said that IBM made a mistake supporting Token
Ring because they saw it as needed for future bandwidth uses.  They underestimated
what the inexpensiveness of the 40% efficient Ethernet would drive the Engineers to
do.  Now we have 10MHz, 100MHz, 1 GHz, and they are talking about 10GHz.

MACs make good computers for Beowulf systems.  See
www.blacklablinux.com.  The beauty is that those parallel processing machines in a
cluster do not all have to be the same platform.  Could get messy having to use cvs
rather than rpm to update all those nodes from your worldly computer, though.

--
Civileme Say: "Are we techs or warlocks?  Let's go arm ourselves with
knowledge!"