"Richards, Donald D." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Help!

I'm a newbie with some experience on Sun platforms.  I'm using RH 6.0 on a
Pentium, and trying to set up a successful connection with my ISP.  I can
log on and establish a PPP connection, and the connection lasts until it
times out for lack of activity (generally about 15 minutes).  However, I
can't get anything to work!  Netscape just searches and searches... my mail
clients can't connect to the mail server even though I have the correct
settings, etc.  I can ping anyplace on the Net that I know of, so I know
that they are "out there".  But I can't get any of my clients to work.
Suggestions?  (Solutions preferably!)

Thanks,

Don Richards
Don,
        Have you remembered to edit your/etc/resolv.conf

search <ISP Domain Name>
nameserver <DNS#>
nameserver <DNS#>

Your ISP should be able to provide you with two DNS #'s
HTH,
Mike

Michael Scottaline
COL 2.2   Linux 2.2.5
It's a fresh wind that Blows Against the Empire

http://webmail.netscape.com.