error on boot-up.  I just press F1 to resume.  Small irritation, but not as
irritating as replacing a motherboard..

Bryan

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 08/30/99 07:48:29 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:    (bcc: Bryan Moorehead/Link/Allied Holdings)
Subject:  [newbie] Assistance requested

From: Ronald A. Yacketta

Hello all!!

I have two very annoying problems that I have been trying to eliminate for
the past 1 - 2 weeks.

1) I get the following error message in /var/log/messages:
kernel: keyboard: Too many NACKs -- noisy kbd cable?
I have an AT style mainboard witn a AT style kbd. I previously had RH5.0
running on this server without any problems with the KDB. I just recently
slicked RH5.0 and
installed Mandrake 6.0.

2) When sounds are played during the use of licq (ocq for linux) I get the
following message
sox: unable to open device /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy.
The wav plays fine with except to this horrid click sound after the wav has
 played.

Any help in resolving these issue would be greatly appreciated.

-Ron