>As for the I/O Magic video card, any idea what chipset it uses?

It uses the PERMEDIA 2 chipset.  I tried a couple of pre-defined cards with
PERMEDIA 2, but was unsure which accellerated x server to run.  Even tried to
manually configure the card.  Regardless, after typing startx, KDE would come up
at approx.  300 x (some small #)  resolution whereas just the "Taskbar" would
take up half the screen, or worse nothing would come up and I would have to
re-boot.

>> Might be able to get it to work by using a different
X-server, or using the Frame Buffer device instead, from
what one of the guys at Mandrakesoft says... :-)

Don't recall seeing anything about Frame Buffer Device.  What is it?

Thanks,
Bryan

John Aldrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 09/02/99 10:28:23 AM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]