--Well, I did it. I reinstalled Netcape (Navigator only) and the common files
from the CD-Rom. It went in as a shell script (!?!) but yet it works OK. I used
Drag and drop to move the shell script icon to the desktop, and when I click on
it, Navigator pops right up. I then tried several times to run the updater. The
updater does indeed tell me that it sees Nav. and the com. files on my disk,
but when I go to install the update, It doesn't appear to be doing anything. A
window , it looks as if the modem is downloading like no tommorow, but the
progress bars don't move. after about 5 and a half MB I get an error message,
then the updater freezes up and won't kill. Hmmm. Wasupwidat?

David P. Greenberg
Bitco Electronics
"In Service to the Recording Industry"
*Confirmed Linux Newbie*
**Girls are like pianos. When they're not upright,
  they're grand.  --  Benny Hill**