What were the error messages?  It might be easier to decipher your
problem if we knew them.

Also, were you aware that there are two mp3 players that come with the
Mandrake distribution.  One is x11amp (or something to that effect),
which is a WinAmp clone, and another one I can't remember.  If you check
under the multimedia portion of the tool bar you should find them.  That
is, if you installed them when you installed Mandrake.  :)

Ken Wilson
First Law of Optimization: The speed of a nonworking program is
irrelevant
(Steve Heller, 'Efficient C/C++ Programming')