----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Fieschko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 1999 4:10 PM
Subject: [newbie] threads

>     > Is anyone else starting to get threaded messages out of order?
>     > I am now seeing replies before I see the original message.
This
>     > have never happened to me with this list before, but it has
>     > started within the last two days.
>
> What is your mailer?
>
> Your X headers indicate you're using one of BG's products.

> How does your mail reader thread (by Message-ID?)?
>
> --
> Mike Fieschko, West Orange, NJ, USA
> X-Face header is me! http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/ftp/faq.html
> Kernel 2.2.9-19mdk mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.viconet.com/fieschko/home.htm
> Sep 2 St Stephen of Hungary
> "There is a case for telling the truth; there is a case for avoiding
> the scandal; but there is no possible defense for the man who tells
> the scandal, but does not tell the truth." - [G.K. Chesterton, in
ILN,
> 7/18/08]

Because my ISP does not work with linux, I am relegated to Windows to
get online; therfore, I use OE 5.0 to read e-mail.  The messages are
threaded by subject, and then sorted by the time received (my time),
which is N.American Eastern Time.  I'm not sure if that is due to
Outlook Express or my mail server, as I see that not everyone gets
their mail that way.  No matter what time zone the sender is in, I see
the messages as being sent in "my time".  That is still the case, but
now they are no longer in order.  It looks like something I'll just
have to deal with, and I apologize for taking us away from the main
focus of the mailing list (even though it was somewhat relevant for a
moment).

Manny Styles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
---