All Mandrake packages are compiled using pgcc (optimized for pentiums), I see
15% or so increase in speed over RedHat 6 on my 266mmx laptop. This is a big
plus on older pentium hardware. It's a pain for those running 486 chips though,
but progress will kill of some perfectly good hardware. Then again LRP and a
good 486 were made for each other.

--
Brett Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]