From: Ed Santiago [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 1999 11:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] screen size

I am running Linux Mandrake 6.0 with the 2.2.9-27 kernel. Everything
seems to work fine but I have this question. The same that many others
have had.
I want to run my video at 800X 600 but it doesnt fit the screen. I have
to use the mouse to move the screen around to see all of the desktop. I
have to run at 1024X 786 in order to view the whole desktop. I have
rerun the Xconfigurator and I still have the same thing.
I use KDE almost exclusively.
I have a 17" monitor.
I have a Creative Labs Graphics Blaster RIVIA TNT 16mb (PCI) video card.

I use the Xconfigurator RIVIA TNT driver.
I choose the 800 X 600 and the 1024 X 786 at 24bit
I can switch between the two by clt alt + with no problems
I have no problem getting into console mode and running Xconfigurator.
But what do I need to do in order to make the 800 X 600 fit the screen?

Thanks in advance,
Ed Santiago