On Wednesday 26 June 2002 09:43 am, you wrote:
> thanks jure,
>
> Yes I found that out quite recently, but neither of these mab files
> have even one email address in them ,though they do have what look
> like some sort of config data. Now this is the funny thing, POVIDED
> I don't actually have a floppy in my drive   , and only then, if I go
> to /mnt/floppy using my home directory icon under konqueror, low and
> behold there is a file called address.moz.ldif, with all the
> addressbook in it, but if you have a floppy in the drive , the file
> is knowhere to be found.
> What does anyone make of that ?
>
> John

If your floppy is on supermount, then when you don't have a disk in it, then
it is not mounted. Linux treats it as a regular folder. If you put the files
in the folder when it was not mounted, it will always be there when it is
not. Once you put a disk in it and mount it, it "disappears" and puts the
contents of the floppy on it.

John Drouhard